Sunday 15 April 2007

New experiences

Quick blog today to report on couple of new experiences for Hermine.

This afternoon Craig and I headed into Durham with the children to buy them new shoes. The shop was busy and Miles was being his usual self - all over the place. Suddenly realised I had laid my handbag down and it was no longer there, gone, stolen. Thankfully I had left my purse at home as Craig had taken his wallet (not in the bag) so they only got away with nappies, wipes, a cup of juice and some suncream I had just bought. Still damn annoying though! Hermione was really distressed by it. This is her most direct experience of crime and it has shattered that, 'it would never happen to us' illusion I think. She cried in the shop and most of the way home. She was really taken aback.

This evening we had a barbeque. Hermione hadn't been to a BBQ before as I'm a bit uptight about children and BBQ's from a safety point of view. It went quite well although there wasn't a lot to cook as we were supposed to food shop after shoe shopping and then it just didn't really happen. Never mind. There will be a next time.

I'm almost all prepared to start Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans tomorrow. It's a FIAR text. I'm looking forward to getting fully back into the swing of things.

No comments: