Saturday 21 April 2007

Rock bottom???

I hope I've reached rock bottom as I don't particularly want to feel any more crap than I do right now. I've never seriously doubted my decision to home educate before but at the moment I just can't help but wonder if I'm doing the right thing.

I'm worried that because Miles is such a demanding little chap Hermione doesn't get enough attention. She still shows virtually no interest what so ever in reading and writing. I also feels that she would like to spend more time with other children than she does now.

I feel like I'm in a room full of doors which have all blown open. If I could close them and just open them one at a time it might be alright but at the moment I feel overwhelmed. I don't know where to start putting things right.

I hope I'm doing the right thing but right now I just feel that my best isn't good enough :-(

2 comments:

GlitzyGal said...

Hang in there Claire.

Some children do not take to reading & writing naturally until they are around 8 years old. It seems to follow a developmental leap in their brain. Jennifer was the same, and although nerve wracking at the time, I can honestly say that I am glad that I waited until she was ready to do it. I think it would have been quite traumatic for her to be made to learn until she was fully ready and, long-term, may have turned her off reading & writing altogether.

Take care,
Linz

Claire said...

Thanks Linz. I know that I need to have more faith and trust that it will fall into place at the right time - I've always thought this before - just getting a bit jittery at the moment. Feeling that an LEA visit could be looming could be fueling the jitters :-)

Would be great to chat to you some time about your experience with Jennifer and the LEA.

Feeling much better today :-)

Thank you
Claire
x