Friday 2 March 2007

What a blogger of a day..

Here I am again - for the third time in one day!

We had another blogworthy moment earlier today when Hermione presented me with the picture below.

I asked what it was and she explained that they are conjoined twins! A couple of weeks ago she saw a picture of conjoined twins on the front of one of my women's magazines. We chatted about them and looked at some information on the Internet. I wasn't certain to what extent she had absorbed what we read but here we are a couple of weeks on with pictures and explanations about conjoined twins! Who needs a classroom when you have 'Closer' magazine lying round on your kitchen bench?

Yesterday I decided to take the plunge and order FIAR Volume 1. It should be with me tomorrow or Monday. I'm hoping it will meet my expectations and I'm really quite excited about having something on hand and ready for whenever the need arises. The main FIAR site states that it is an 'enhancement' to a full curriculum for 6 - 8 year olds. That is fine by me. I don't want everything set out in stone. I just want a helping hand whilst I still tailor the bulk to their individual specific needs. A few months ago I would never have dreamed I would be doing this, buying curriculums and having semi formal sessions now and then, but I guess that is the nature of committing to a child lead programme of education - it may lead you to a place you hadn't expected to visit.

No comments: