Friday 7 December 2007

Grace Darling

I thought that we would watch a dvd today, a title which I rented from Amazon about traditional Spain and it's customs. Thankfully I previewed the programme which was just as well as it was ghastly. Bullfighting was hailed as a most valiant sport and the best thing to ever come out of Spain. That was enough for me. I couldn't watch the rest. It was in the post box back on it's way to Amazon first thing this morning.

So, on a last minute whim we decided to revisit The Little Red Lighthouse which we read last week and also read the story of Grace Darling from 'Britannia - 100 Great Stories from British History' by Gerladine McCaughrean and Richard Brassey. Hermione enjoyed it. We both quite like this book. The stories are short, ranging from a couple of pages to half a dozen or so pages. Child friendly history in small bite size chunks. Lovely colour illustrations too.

1 comment:

Wobblymoo said...

I may have to look that book up, perphaps after Christmas as my boys are showing no interest in anything at the moment.