Tuesday 3 June 2008

Arty offerings, strange conversations

Pot and Kettle by Hermione



Butterfly by Miles



Fabric and wool plaits by Hermione



I had a bizarre conversation with nana this morning. So bizarre I thought I'd share it here.

Me - Hermione is really annoyed that she can't go to the Cathedral with Badgers on Sunday. To be honest though I'm not sure why they go every few months.

Nana - All kinds of things go on at Durham Cathedral. It's been a focal point for lots of things over the years, particularly the Durham Miners Gala.

Me - Why do you think that is?

Nana - I don't know. I only ever went to the Miners Gala once, I was seventeen at the time and all I can remember is the fleas riding bikes.

Me - Fleas riding bikes?

Nana - Yes, and doing other things. At first I thought the man must have trained them but I'm not sure that you can train a flea. I think it must be what they *want* to do.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hee hee :) Priceless.

Anonymous said...

Lol, now that is funny and I would love to ask, but I daren't