Monday 3 March 2008

Unplugged Project - music

This weeks Unplugged Project was music.

We assembled our instruments and I told a simple story (from my head) and Hermione added appropriate sound effects with the instruments. It went well, that is till Miles decided to join in and ran round and round the room shouting 'fun song' whilst bashing a tambourine. Hey ho, I guess it was reasonably musical all the same.



We also listened to the Ann Rachlin's CD of Mozart, The Miracle Maestro. We enjoyed it. We only have a couple of her CD's but we like them both. I've a few more of her titles on my wish list.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I wasn't the only one to just pull out the instruments and sing a bit.
Oh I love comments from other countries, thanks for posting on my unplugged post! I saw you your kids names and I had to click on the profile thing to see where you are from. I love British names. Miles (and Graham) were ones my husband vetoed for our boys.
Heather
www.myfamilylovesit.com

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Thanks for posting the link to Ann Rachlin's cds. I'd never heard of her, but her work looks and sounds fantastic from her website! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Sound effects! That sounds like fun! I looked at the Ann Rachlin link. Those CDs sound really good! I have never heard of them. I'll have to see if I can find them.

Thanks again for joining in!

Gottfredsen said...

Wow great project. I have been meaning to look for some of the clasical cds for the boys. I really should do that soon, it is such beautiful music.

momandkiddo said...

Oooh, sound effects. That so appeals to the theatre-creator inside of me!.

Wobblymoo said...

Sounds like it was great fun x

Unknown said...

I am Ann Rachlin and I am delighted you like my work and find my recordings useful and inspiring.
You can always buy them from my website or download them from iTunes. If there is anything I can do to help, just email me at annrachlin@funwithmusic.com or ann.rachlin@googlemail.com or fwmorders@googlemail.com

I am a good correspondent so dont hesitate to write.
Happy Listening!
Ann