Saturday 23 June 2007

Rainbow Gathering

Today we hosted a gathering for the girls who attend the Rainbow group where Hermione and Lily go. It has followed the usual party day format. Morning spent baking cakes, dusting, mopping and generally trying to get organised. The afternoon was spent dishing up said fairy cakes, trying my best to organise fun games and keeping little children out of my knicker drawer and kitchen cupboards. Late afternoon spent scraping what's left of fairy cakes off dining room floor. I think everyone had a good time. It went quite well all things considered. I felt sure it would be bright and sunny this afternoon and prepared very little in the way of things to do indoors, but then it thundered and poured with rain.

Our herb garden is coming along nicely right now and the apples are really swelling.



We also have mushrooms sprouting up all over the place. Lots of small ones under the trees but also some big ones on the lawn. No doubt helped by all of the rain we have had the past few weeks.



It has been a really busy week this week. We've nothing much planned for next week and I'm looking forward to chilling out.

I came across a quote I like today. Thought I would share it here.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."Author unknown

2 comments:

joshua said...

It's so nice for me to have found this blog of yours, it's so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool!

Feel free off course to comment as you wish and remember: don't take it wrong, don't think that this visitation I make is a matter of more audiences for my own blogg. No. It's a matter of making universal, realy universal, all this question of bloggs, all the essential causes that bring us all together.

I think it's to UNITE MANKIND that we became bloggers! Don't see language as an obstacle but as a challenge and think for a minute if I and the rest of the world are not expecting something like a broad cumplicity. Remenber that pictures talk also. Open your heart and come along!!!!!

Claire said...

Thanks for stopping by. I've checked out your blog and left my comments. You've some very cool pictures on there. Good music too!