Over the past few days we have;
* Attended a workshop for home edded children at The Centre for Life in Newcastle. The workshop was about forces and friction.
* Went into Durham to buy crafty bits to make invitations for a Rainbows get together. Later made the invites.
* Ordered the next volume of Five In A Row
* Had lots of hose pipe and mud play in the garden
* Visited friends for play and chat.
* Picked lettuces out of the garden
* Researched how best to keep slugs off said lettuces without using any chemicals - we're going to give garlic a try - adding to watering can and complimentary planting
* Visited Metroland
* Went to Badgers and took part in a tape recorded radio broadcast from Badgers FM. Hermione read out the traffic news, '..this is the traffic news, there is a hole in Durham..'???? This is part of the ongoing work towards the Entertainment Badge.
* Emailed Tyne and Wear Museums to see if we could partake in any of the schools activities to mark the anniversary of the abolition of slavery.
* Hermione made a quilt out of pieces of card with a note on each piece about something which is special
* Put up our new world map which we bought from these people. I'm very impressed with it at £6.99 for a nice clear 100cm x 140cm map. We transferred all of our story discs.
* Noted the apples on our apple tree really starting to swell.