Sunday 5 August 2007

The chickens have landed!!!

The chickens have arrived! A black one called Omlet, a white one called Henrietta (groan..I know) and a brown one called Fanjio. They spent the first five minutes in the run during which time one of the cats came for a good look.




Since then they have spent the whole of the time in the Eglu.


I'm wondering how long it will take for them to feel settled and come out. Also now wondering how well the three chickens will get on with the three cats. The lady at Eglu assured me it would be fine but I'm feeling a bit nervous now. Also amazed at the size of chicken plops - and the smell of them when fresh - euuurghhhh. Plops and cats aside though everything is as I hoped for.


Nana just commented tonight on how so many of my long term dreams have come true in recent months. She's right. I'm a very lucky lady.

No comments: